Pages

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Energy zappers, photography and fashion illustrations

So that's a random title for a post, right? But it's quite fitting, really.

I know this blog has been quiet recently, and quite honestly, it's not just because I'm busy. And it's not because I have a lack of things to post. Ever feel like your creative energy (or your regular, hey-I-need-to-get-out-of-bed-today energy, for that matter) is just completely zapped? That's me. For the last several months.

I won't bore you with the details, but let's just say at the end of the day (you know, when it's time to blog), I just didn't have anything left. Add that to my frustrations with finding a good photography spot for outfit of the day posts and my green-eyed monsterness of all the lovely fashion bloggers out there who have magazine quality photos thanks to their photographer husbands/boyfriends/significant others/friend's cousin's aunt persons, and I was pretty much done. Kaput.

Being a serious hobbyist photographer makes me an utter perfectionist when it comes to my blog photography*, but I just can't seem to master the art of the self-portrait. I mentioned this frustration to Mr. MG and he (bless his heart!) offered to learn how to use my digital SLR to take pictures of me. I may take him up on this sometime soon (before he changes he mind).

But until then, I'm hoping (now that I've rid myself of some of the big creative energy zappers) I'll be able to find the inspiration (and time!) to post more on this blog and my other blog.

Today, I'll leave you with some fashion illustrations I did recently for my product sourcing class. For that class I'm working on (what else?), a high-end costume jewelry line. It's been a while since I've picked up a sketchbook in between bills of material, competitive strategies, target market research and all that other stuff that goes on in business classes, so this was therapeutic for me. Maybe I should have picked up the sketchbook a long time ago.

jewelry-illustrations


*Full disclosure: Being a serious non-hobbyist perfectionist is actually what makes me a perfectionist about my blog photography but that's just between you and me, okay?

1 comment:

  1. I love your illustrations, the beads look iridescent like abalone or pearls.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'd love to hear what you have to say. Once you leave a comment, be sure to check back because I try to respond to all of them.