Pages

Sunday, March 7, 2010

food // spinach, noodle and chickpea soup

I spent the better part of last week feeling like I got hit by three freight trains thanks to a nasty cold. All I wanted was hot tea, chicken soup and lots and lots of DayQuil. Since I didn't have any cans 'o Campbell's in my cupboards, I decided to get adventurous and make my own (cooking is adventurous when you're sick). I came across this recipe on Fresh 365 and thought it sounded like a good base for my soup. So, I adapted my recipe from that one. I just threw all the ingredients in the pot and let the stove do its thing while I went through half of box of tissues. I'll never eat canned soup again.

spinach, noodle and chick pea soup

Spinach, noodle and chickpea soup
1 12-oz container low sodium chicken stock (or veggie stock)
1/2 lb pasta (I used whole wheat spaghetti and broke it in thirds)
1 15.5-oz can chickpeas
2 cans of water (use empty chickpea can)
1 cup fresh baby spinach
3 stalks celery, sliced
1 tsp minced garlic
1 1/2 tsp thyme
sea salt, to taste
cracked black pepper, to taste

Combine all ingredients in a large pot. Bring to boil.  Gently boil 8-12 minutes (or until pasta is cooked). Add additional salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'd love to hear what you have to say. Once you leave a comment, be sure to check back because I try to respond to all of them.